Your browser is no longer supported and this website will not display properly.
Herman's Recycling Center is hiring! We are currently looking for qualified Class A & B Drivers.
- For Class A or B driver position, please apply HERE.
- For other positions, download and print our General Application (pdf) and return to our office, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To pick up a paper application for any position, please visit our office at 181 Jacobstown-Cookstown Road, Wrightstown, New Jersey.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct sales through effective communication with customers either by in person or phone interactions
- Contact customers/vendors to fulfill sales obligations
- Provide the best level of customer service and understand the value of customer service within the company
- Learn and understand all products, services, and materials to effectively assist customer with their needs
- Learn functionalities within entire office to be able to work in multiple capacities
- Communicate with yard employees and drivers to fulfill customer orders
- Provide support within sales office in various areas to ensure consistent business operation
- Conduct general office duties (answering phone calls, emails etc.)
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General knowledge of local areas preferred
- Active and effective communication skills
- Experience conducting sales and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast passed environment
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Previous experience using QuickBooks preferred
Director of Sales & Marketing
Starting at $15.00/hour
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance with travel assistance and employee assistance program
- Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% match
- 7 days of paid time off over the first year, 15 days of paid time off every year after
Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturdays 7:00am-12:00pm (excludes Saturdays December 1-March 1)
Truck Driver, Full-Time
Safely operate a truck (dump truck, box truck, side dump, etc.), communicate with dispatcher for driving schedules and questions regarding schedules, complete pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicles, comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures, report all defects, accidents, or violations
Customer service skills preferred, and 2 years of driving experience preferred
- Class A or B license (CDL)
- Submit to drug and alcohol testing (pre-employment and random)
- Must have a current physical
- 20 years or older
- Zero (0) commercial vehicle accidents in past five (5) years
- No more than two (2) commercial vehicle moving violations in past 5 years
- No drug or alcohol related issues
- Cannot have a No Air Brakes Exception
- To be a trainee: Must graduate from an accredited driving school
This position offers opportunities to grow and learn within the Company. We are an established organization with a start-up mentality, and we are actively looking for ways to improve and expand our business.
Based on experience. $19.00-$23.00 to start.
Monday-Friday. Hours vary between 5:00am-4:00pm with some Saturday availability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the processing of accounts payable transactions
- Daily transaction entry
- Monthly statement reconciliation
- Vendor account maintenance
- Manage accounts payable using QuickBooks
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
- Negotiate discounts with suppliers
- Compare purchase orders, delivery tickets, packing slips, prices, terms of payment, and other charges for accuracy
- Process transactions and performing accounting duties such as recording entries and reconciling vendor statements
- Save copies of all accounts payable invoices and attach to transactions in QuickBooks
- Properly code credit card charges and enter invoices into QuickBooks
- Review credit card statements for unusual activity and matching receipts
- Assist with other duties in office as needed; occasional assignment to special projects
- High school degree or equivalent
- Accounts payable experience, 5 years minimum
- Microsoft office experience, 5 years minimum
- QuickBooks experience, 5 years minimum (Enterprise version preferred)
- Relationship management skills
- Effective communication
- Some higher education (certification, college courses, professional association)
- $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Monthly cellphone stipend
- New Jersey Earned Sick Leave
- Operate a forklift to move and stack product
- Operate a front-end loader to load trucks with material
- Assist customers with questions and orders
- Maintain scales
- Maintain grounds (power washing, weed whacking, etc.)
- Effective communication
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to learn quickly
- Basic understanding of machines
- Customer Service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintain a driver’s license
- Ability to operate a vehicle
- Report to work on time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This position offers opportunities to grow and learn within the Company. After training through equipment in Yard A, the employee will be able to take on more responsibility and learn to operate Recycling Yard equipment. We are an established organization with a start-up mentality; we are actively looking for ways to improve and expand our business.
Ground & Maintenance Manager
Starting at $15/Hour
Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm; Saturday 7:00-12:30
Director of Operations
Herman's Trucking, Inc. is a third-generation family owned and operated trucking, recycling, and landscape supply business with its roots in the community for almost 50 years. Our mission is to achieve $10 million in sales in 2022 (18% increase) through vertically integrated growth, new products and revenue streams all while creating value for our stakeholders: customers, employees, shareholders, vendors and community.
This position requires a complete understanding of diversified business details and how they work together (Trucking, Recycling, Landscape Supply). The team member must be a self-starter, problem solver, and creative thinker.
- Bachelor's Degree with business background
- 2 years Management skills minimum
- Construction industry experience
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel Skills
- Day-to-Day Management and improvement of three operating businesses
- Uphold Values (Safety, Growth/Development, Customer Service) Vision, Brand of Organization
- Understanding of all products and services of the business (Hardscaping, Trucking, Recycling, etc.)
- Morning Meetings with Major Operating Factions (Dispatch, Recycling, Yard) to be held at 6:50am
- Management of cost throughout operating departments
- Develop and ensure high efficiencies among operating silos
- Direct Report to Integrator daily
- Meet With Upper Management on weekly basis to obtain operational synergy (Sales/Marketing, Operations, Finance/Admin)
- Daily/Weekly Inspections of all work areas and equipment
- Knowledgeable of our Products & Services
- Be able to use Point of Sale System (QuickBooks/SMS)
- Be able to answer the phone, take deliveries if needed
In order to develop understanding of products, processes, and company culture, team member must
master the following positions:
- Recycling Yard Scale
- Recycling Yard Manager
- EP Henry/Hardscaping
During the probationary period, manager will be required onsite, during working hours to better understand operations and business process, including Saturday business hours.
Hours of business:
M-F: 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturday 7:00am-12:00pm (closed on Saturdays in December, January, and February)
Will be completed at 1 month, 3 months, and semi-annual basis thereafter.
From $100,000 a year, may increase based on experience.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance with company contribution
- Company paid life insurance with travel assistance plan and employee assistance plan
- 7 PTO days accrued during first year, 15 PTO days every year after
- Monthly cellphone stipend
- Simple IRA retirement savings plan with 3% company match
*Disclaimer: Job descriptions, duties and responsibilities are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.